It wasn’t until I decided to put into practice the “learn something new every day” habit, and began looking up scientific names for plants, that I realized these plants had any other name than African violet. haha! If I had thought about it, of course I would have known, but sometimes you go along in life and don’t question something that just seems to have always been. Anyway, this is a pan of African violet babies that are slowly growing bigger. I am hopeful that in a few months I will be able to transplant them into individual pots. For now they seem pretty happy. The droopy leaves are just the older bigger leaves that had some transplant shock when I split them off from the mother plants.
Categories: Plant of the Week